Reading and Writing Hotline
The Reading and Writing Hotline resources are divided into spelling, reading, writing, numbers and handwriting. Each web page lists a number of literacy resources with a description of what skill each resource will develop. The resources are aimed at beginner to intermediate adult literacy learners. If you need help just call the Reading Writing Hotline on 1300 6 555 06.
Taking the Lead – Service Skills Australia
Taking the Lead, the one-stop shop for information and advice on developing core language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills in the service industries. This site provides information to help RTOs and employers, including:
- online PD for trainers and assessors;
- case studies showing how employers and employees benefit from training that supports and develops LLN skills;
- LLN tips giving comprehensive advice on how to improve LLN;
- a searchable resource directory of LLN resources; and
- the latest news and events on LLN training services and funding opportunities.
Yes, it’s THE BBC, the national British radio and television network with ‘English and maths for adults’
- English – Practical literacy skills for adults
- Reading – Read and understand text
- Writing – Improve your writing skills
- Spelling – Tips on spelling
- Word grammar – Know your nouns from your verbs
- Sentence grammar – Write well-formed sentences
- Speaking and listening – Verbal communication skills
- Maths – Practical, common-sense maths for adults.
- Numbers – Use number lines, decimals and negative numbers
- Calculation – Add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Percent and fractions – Work out parts of amounts
- Measuring – Use the best tools and units of measurement for the job
- Shapes – Work with area, scale drawings and 3-D shapes.
- Graphs – Use graphs and tables to communicate information