ProLiteracy Conference on Adult Education Scholarship
VALBEC invites Expressions of Interest from VALBEC members for a scholarship to attend the ProLiteracy Conference on Adult Education in San Diego, California, from September 25 – 28, 2019.
The scholarship will include one return economy airfare from Melbourne to San Diego, accommodation and associated transfers. A scholarship for conference registration has been provided thanks to ProLiteracy.
- Reside in Victoria
- Have worked in the adult literacy and/or numeracy field for a minimum of 5 years
- Be a member of VALBEC or work for an organisation that is a member
- Have a current passport
- Be able to meet all visa requirements for the USA
- Provide evidence of their employer’s support
- Be able to show how attending the Pro-Literacy Conference in San Diego
- Will assist your workplace and/or colleagues
- Complements or leads to other professional development
- Contributes to your commitment to adult literacy/numeracy education
- Contributes to your pedagogical knowledge/skill as an adult literacy/numeracy practitioner?
Upon return, the applicant must be able to:
- Contribute a report for Fine Print on their learning from the conference
- Present at the 2020 VALBEC Conference
- Conduct a regional forum for VALBEC members (the committee will help organise this)
- Provide alternative suggestions for providing data from the conference for VALBEC members.
VALBEC will provide support for:
- Return economy fares from Melbourne to San Diego
- Up to 7 night’s accommodation
- Associated transfers up to $200 AU
- Contacting the Pro-Literacy Conference to arrange registration
When VALBEC announces the successful applicant, ProLiteracy will issue the scholarship for full conference registration. Information about ProLiteracy’s history, mission statement and current activities can be found at: https://www.proliteracy.org/What-We-Do/Overview
The conference link is: https://www.proliteracy.org/Professional-Development/ProLiteracy-Conference
How to Apply
- Complete the application form
- Address all criteria as described above
- Attach a letter of support from your workplace. This MUST be attached to the same email.
- Email or post your application to arrive by 21 July, 2019
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 8 August, 2019
Submitting your application
Post: ProLiteracy Conference Scholarship, PO Box 861, Springvale South, Vic 3172
Submit your application so it arrives before close of business 21 July, 2019