FREE VALBEC Webinar
Self Care Professional Development for LLN educators
VALBEC are pleased to offer members and friends of VALBEC a special professional development session with Dr Kirke Olson Psy.D. and Sher Kamman Psy.D.
This session will outline:-
- The range of normal emotional responses that many of us are experiencing with COVID-19.
- It will help us understand our very human reactions.
- Give us some helpful and useful strategies to use to lower stress and to feel more in control of our lives again.
- We will be guided in understanding what might be happening for ourselves as well as our (adult and young adult) students who already may be experiencing disadvantage through cultural exclusivity, poverty, learning disabilities – other disabilities and general hardship.
- It will give us ideas about addressing these barriers / issues in a way that allows insight and offers options for action rather than being stuck in overwhelm.
DATE: Thursday, 14 May 2020
TIME: 9 AM AEST
NH Licensed Psychologist, Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Kirke Olson, Psy.D. is a licensed psychologist, nationally certified school psychologist, author and speaker who has devoted nearly 40 years to helping preschool, elementary, middle, and high school teachers apply peer reviewed research from neuroscience, positive psychology, and mindfulness to educate the most complex students.
Sher Kamman, Psy.D.
NH Licensed Psychologist, Certified EMDR Consultant & Therapist, Life Coach
Sher Kamman, Psy.D.Sher Kamman, Psy.D. is a Licensed New Hampshire psychologist with more than 30 years of experience. She is a specialist in healing trauma, a certified EMDR therapist and consultant who leads training groups for other therapists in northern New England.
Together, Kirke and Sher run the Positivity Company in Concord, New Hampshire where they are committed to applying the science of positive psychology, interpersonal neurobiology and mindfulness to bring about change. They work as consultants to schools and their leadership teams, to bring about authentic and long term positive change.
The Positivity Company has helped improve the organisational climate in schools and other organisations by using research from neuroscience, the psychology of human relationships, motivation and mindfulness.