2019 VALBEC Conference
The 2019 theme – Resilience: connect, educate, empower – invites us to celebrate and explore how teachers and students achieve in education.
Join us on May 17th 2019 to explore just how we have managed to
- Connect – with colleagues, community and students to succeed in a new skill, or lay down the foundations for something new
- Educate – by the development and delivery of good learning experiences for students or staff.
- Empower – demonstrate how learning has enabled students or colleagues to utilise their resilience to achieve their goals
Positivity – Change – Leadership
Free VALBEC Forum
16 May 2019, 6:00 – 8:00pm
William Angliss Institute Conference Centre, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
VALBEC are pleased to present an evening with Dr Kirke Olson Psy.D. and Sher Kamman Psy.D. and Marie MacLeod in conversation with Linno Rhodes, VALBEC President and International Specialised Skills Fellow (2017).
Together, Kirke and Sher run the Positivity Company in Concorde New Hampshire where they are committed to applying the science of positive psychology, interpersonal neurobiology and mindfulness to bring about change. They work as consultants to schools and their leadership teams, to bring about authentic and long term positive change.
Marie McLeod is the CEO and Founder of PoPsy, delivering practical positive psychology in education, health and human services.
Join Linno in conversation with Kirke and Sher as they explore ways leaders and managers in Adult Community Education can use the tools of Positive Psychology to:
VALBEC members benefits include
- Fine Print three times a year – a high quality journal for discussion and debate about good practice, theory and policy issues. Feedback and contributions are actively sought from members about content and issues.
- eVALBEC – our email communication keeping members informed of professional development activities, general committee activities and more up to date policy changes.
- Discounts for the Annual Conference and other VALBEC statewide professional development.
- Issues-based forums.
- Focus on significant policy issues impacting on the field.
- Free numeracy resources.
2018 additional benefit – ACAL Conference discount