2019 VALBEC Conference – Call for presentations
The 2019 theme – Resilience: connect, educate, empower – invites us to celebrate and explore how teachers and students achieve in education.
Join us on May 17th 2019 to explore just how we have managed to
- Connect – with colleagues, community and students to succeed in a new skill, or lay down the foundations for something new
- Educate – by the development and delivery of good learning experiences for students or staff.
- Empower – demonstrate how learning has enabled students or colleagues to utilise their resilience to achieve their goals
VALBEC AGM and speaker Magistrate Therese McCarthy
Members and friends of VALBEC are invited to the Annual General Meeting of the Council and a presentation by Magistrate Therese McCarthy.
Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 6.00pm Dinner afterwards at own expense
St Georges Restaurant, Melbourne Polytechnic, 77 St Georges Rd Preston
The AGM will involve presentation of reports on the 2018 VALBEC year and the election of the new Executive committee for 2019 – 2020.
VALBEC members benefits include
- Fine Print three times a year – a high quality journal for discussion and debate about good practice, theory and policy issues. Feedback and contributions are actively sought from members about content and issues.
- eVALBEC – our email communication keeping members informed of professional development activities, general committee activities and more up to date policy changes.
- Discounts for the Annual Conference and other VALBEC statewide professional development.
- Issues-based forums.
- Focus on significant policy issues impacting on the field.
- Free numeracy resources.
2018 additional benefit – ACAL Conference discount